Before teaching this workshop, you are required to watch (or review) the following trainings. Please give yourself enough time to watch all of the trainings! You will need to budget about 6.5 hours to study to teach this class, not including time that you will spend going over the Instructor Manual.
- The Instructional Video and Demonstration Videos further down on this page (2.5 hours, total)
- Protecting the Perineum (1 hour 8 minutes)
- EBB Podcast episodes #8, 18, and 39 (55 minutes)
- Acupressure videos (13 minutes)
- Q & A about Acupressure with Dr. Kate Levett (bottom of this page; 55 minutes)
For additional training on the specific comfort measures you’ll be teaching, I also recommend you listen to the following EBB podcasts:
- EBB #16 Positioning and Movement
- EBB #17 Upright Birthing Positions
- EBB #20 Water Immersion
- EBB #25 Fetal Monitoring (one of the big “barriers” to comfort measures)
- EBB #34 Massage
If you don’t listen to podcasts, but prefer to read, you can search for these topics in the EBB Blog here.
This workshop is entitled, “Comfort Measures for Labor and Delivery Nurses.” You have my permission to go ahead and tell people about it, and start marketing!
I have provided you with an Instructor manual, instructional videos, demonstration videos (below), logo, event cover photo, marketing language and flyer language, and a host of other curriculum materials. The printable materials and photos/logos are all located in the “Materials” link here.
This seminar is worth 3.5 nursing contact hours from the Kentucky Board of Nursing. Nursing contact hours can typically be applied to most doula and childbirth educator certifications, as well as the CPM credential.
I talk about this in the instructional video, but do not let the list of supplies frighten you! Also, do your best to borrow as many of the supplies as possible. You should NOT be purchasing what you could borrow for free, or rent at a low cost! See Page 3 in your Instructor Manual for the comprehensive list of supplies.
Training starts at 30ish seconds into the video!
Part 1: Group Workshop
Recorded March 2020, the weekend before the pandemic shut down.
Part 2: Stations + Role Plays