The Experienced Educator Track is for current EBB Instructors who do not meet the criteria listed on the Fast Track page, but have extensive experience in doula work or as a non-certified childbirth educator (5+ years), or who works as a nurse. If you do not meet the criteria for an Experienced Educator, please contact support for clarification and possible permission to join this track.
This is a one-time, non-refundable fee that includes:
- 8 hours of live training/Q & A
- Special private Facebook group just for Instructors teaching the EBB Childbirth Class
- 1 deluxe Student Materials fee ($50 value; includes workbook + 6 months access)
- 1 printed spiral-bound workbook for your personal use ($30 value)
- 3 yarn bundles for teaching the in-person class
- 10+ hours of self-paced online videos + Quiz
- Permission to teach the EBB Childbirth Class for as long as you remain an active EBB Instructor (priceless!)
In addition to the training listed above, people who sign up for the Experienced Educator track must take an exam to verify their knowledge. As part of your registration fee, you will receive an outline of exam content, as well as access to our Higher Ed site where you can brush up your knowledge. Your registration fee covers the cost of the online proctored exam (you can take it from your own home). You must pass the proctored exam by the deadline which is about 2-3 weeks before the start of the training.
Proctored Exam must be passed by December 15th in order to be eligible to attend this training. This is a HARD DEADLINE.
In order to take the online proctored exam, you will need an internet connection and a computer with a standard microphone and webcam.
Live trainings (you must attend ALL of these sessions) will take place by Zoom on:
- Wednesday, January 6th, 12pm-2pmET
- Friday, January 8th 11am-1pmET
- Monday, January 11th 10am-12pmET
- Wednesday. January 13th 12pm-2pmET
The quiz will open up at 3 PM EST on Wednesday, January 13th and you must pass the quiz by Friday, January 15th at 8:00 PM EST, or else defer until the next training period.
You will have two open-note, 90-minute attempts to take the quiz.
This is an intense training period, but it will be worth it to get it done so that you will be ready to teach!
The total time commitment for the training is 22 hours (8 hours of live training + 14 hours of self-study) plus time needed to take the quiz, during a two week period. We STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you plan a reduced work schedule during this time period, so that you can keep up with the class.
If you complete this training, you will be eligible to start teaching private and group EBB Childbirth Classes as early Jan, 2020! You are also saving on travel costs– since this training takes place completely online, you are saving up to $500 in flight fees and $300 in hotel fees!
We will provide you with your physical materials and online access several weeks before the online training begins. Paying this fee now reserves your spot in the upcoming training cohort.
- You MUST attend all the live trainings, watch all the required videos, and complete all of the required homework by each designated deadline in order to be eligible to take the quiz.
- Excused absences from live sessions (attendance at a birth, death in the immediate family, severe illness/hospitalization) must be made up within 3 days of the missed class, or you will have to defer until the next training.
- Not completing the required homework ahead of each live training session means that you will not be permitted to attend the live training, and this will be counted as an unexcused absence.
- Unexcused absences cannot be made up– if you have an unexcused absence, you will be required to defer the rest of your training until the next training cohort.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions!