Join the Discussion!
Let’s about barriers to delayed cord clamping in the forums here.
References and Resources
- The Science and Sensibility article written by Dr. Mark Sloan called, “Common Objections to Delayed Cord Clamping.”
- Aflaifel, N. and Weeks, A. (2012). Push, pull, squeeze, clamp: 100 years of changes in the management of the third stage of labour as described by Ten Teachers. BMJ;345:e8270. Click here.
- American College of Nurse Midwives. Delayed umbilical cord clamping. Position Statement. Silver Spring (MD): ACNM; 2014. Available here: http://www.midwife.org/ ACNM/files/ACNMLibraryData/UPLOADFILENAME/ 000000000290/Delayed-Umbilical-Cord-Clamping- May-2014.pdf.
- Andersson, O., Lindquist, B., Lindgren, M., et al. (2015). Effect of delayed cord clamping on neurodevelopment at 4 years of age: a randomized clinical trial. JAMA Pediatr;169:631–8. Click here.
- Ashish, K. C., Rana, N., Malqvist, M., et al. (2017). Effects of Delayed Umbilical Cord Clamping vs. Early Clamping on Anemia in Infants at 8 and 12 months: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Pediatr;171(3):264-270. Click here.
- Begley, C. M., Gyte, G. M. L., Devane, D., et al. (2015). Active versus expectant management for women in the third stage of labour. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Issue 3. Art. No.: CD007412. Click here.
- Cernadas, C. (2017). Timing of umbilical cord clamping of term infants. Arch Argent Pediatr;115(2):188-194. Click here.
- Díaz-Castro, J., Florido, J., Kajarabille, N., et al. (2014). The Timing of Cord Clamping and Oxidative Stress in Term Newborns. Pediatrics;134(2):257-64. Click here.
- Dunn, P. M. (2003). Dr Erasmus Darwin (1731–1802) of Lichfield and placental respiration. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed;88:F346– 8. Click here.
- Fogarty, M., Osborn, D. A. and Askie, L. (2018). Delayed vs early umbilical cord clamping for preterm infants: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Am J Obstet Gynecol;218(1):1-18. Click here.
- Hutton and Hassan (2007). Late vs. Early Clamping of the Umbilical Cord in Full-term Neonates: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Controlled Trials. JAMA;297:1241-1252. Click here.
- Katheria, A. C., Lakshminrusimha, S., Rabe, H., et al. (2017). Placental transfusion: a review. Journal of Perinatology; 37:105-111. Click here.
- McDonald, S. J., Middleton, P., Dowswell, T., et al. (2013). Effect of timing of umbilical cord clamping of term infants on maternal and neonatal outcomes. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Issue 7. Art. No.: CD004074. Click here.
- Mercer, J. S., Erickson-Owens, D. A., Collins, J., et al. (2017). Effects of Delayed Cord Clamping on Residual Placental Blood Volume, Hemoglobin and Bilirubin Levels in Term Infants: A Randomized Controlled Trial
J Perinatol; 37(3): 260–264. Click here.
- Mercer, J. S., Erickson-Owens, D. A., Deoni, S. C. L., et al. (2018). Effects of Delayed Cord Clamping on Four-Month Ferritin Levels, Brain Myselin Content, and Neurodevelopment: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Click here.