All of our continuing education courses are included in the Evidence Based Birth® Professional Membership!
Click here to join today!
Details about the Classes
The Evidence Based Birth® classes are taught or organized by Rebecca Dekker, PhD, RN, APRN, and founder of Evidence Based Birth®.
We currently have 18 contact hours of video-based classes on our site for a variety of professionals!
Our classes can be used as continuing education for:
- Nurses: all of our classes are all approved by the Kentucky Board of Nursing
- Doulas: most doula certifying organizations, such as DONA and CAPPA, accept nursing contact hours
- Childbirth educators: most CBE-certifying organizations, such as ICEA, CAPPA, and Lamaze, accept nursing contact hours
- Certified Midwifes & Certified Nurse Midwives: all of our classes are approved by the American College of Nurse Midwives
- Certified Professional Midwives: CPMs can use nursing contact hours; also, all of our classes have been approved by NARM for the Midwifery Bridge Certificate
- Physicians: All of our classes can be used for prescribed credit from the AAFP: “This Enduring Material series activity, Evidence Based Maternity Care for Physicians, from 09/06/2016 – 09/05/2017, has been reviewed and is acceptable for credit by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.”
If you are in doubt, please check your certifying or licensing agency website and look to see if they accept nursing contact hours, AAFP prescribed credit, or ACNM-approved courses.
What classes can I take?
- Vitamin K & Eye Ointment (2 contact hours; 0.2 ACNM pharm CEUs; 2 AAFP prescribed credits)
- Big Babies and Gestational Diabetes (3 contact hours; 0.3 ACNM CEUs; 3 AAFP prescribed credits)
- How to Help Families Get Evidence Based Care (8 contact hours; 0.7 ACNM CEUs; 8 AAFP prescribed credits)
- Due Dates & Advanced Maternal Age (3 contact hours; 0.3 ACNM CEUs; 3 AAFP prescribed credits)
- Friedman’s Curve and Failure to Progress (2 contact hours; 0.2 ACNM CEUs; 2 AAFP prescribed credits)
What are the classes like?
The classes include self-paced videos, lecture handouts, case studies, and printables to use with clients. You can earn your certificate by watching the videos and passing a quiz with an 80% or higher.
Dr. Dekker is available to answer your questions about the classes inside the community forums.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org