Making Change in your Community
How can you help families in your community get evidence based care?
Here’s the deal: You and I both want evidence based care to be the “norm” for birthing families in our community. But on average, it takes 15 to 20 years for evidence to be put into practice. This situation is totally unacceptable! How can we speed up that gap so that families can get that care right here, right now?
Learn how to be a change agent in your community, and also get the support you need right here in the Evidence Based Birth® professional membership. Our members get immediate access to:
- An 8-hour CE training course on “How to help families get evidence based care”
- 10+ hours of additional CE courses (all courses are approved for nursing, ACNM, and AAFP credits, good towards most doula, midwifery, and childbirth educator certifications)
- Live monthly training sessions on hot topics in the field
- A library of printer-friendly PDFs to share with your clients
- A supportive community forum for sharing challenges, struggles, and success stories!
An inter-professional community where we all come together
Our community is one-of-a-kind in the birth world, because it is made up of various kinds of professionals! We have nurses, midwives, certified midwives, doulas, childbirth educators, lactation consultants, obstetricians, and family physicians among our ranks.
18+ hours of continuing education
Your membership comes with 5 courses (18 hours and counting) that have all been approved for CEs by the Kentucky Board of Nursing, the American College of Nurse Midwives, and prescribed credit by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Most doulas and childbirth educators are also able to claim these hours towards their continuing education.
The classes that are available right now include: “How to help families get evidence based care” (our flagship course; worth 8 hours or 0.8 CEUs), “Vitamin K and Eye Ointment” (2 hours and 0.2 pharm ACNM CEUs), “Due Dates and Advanced Maternal Age” (3 hours and 0.3 ACNM CEUs), and “Big Babies and Gestational Diabetes” (3 hours and 0.3 ACNM CEUs), and Friedman’s Curve and Failure to Progress”(2 hours and 0.2 ACNM CEUs).
Live monthly training sessions with Rebecca
You can attend our live monthly training sessions on hot topics like horizontal violence in birth work, how to become a “change agent,” interpreting research on home birth, trauma-informed care, motivational interviewing, and more. Training sessions are always recorded so that if you can’t make it live, you can watch the recorded session at your leisure.
Library of printer-friendly PDFs
Evidence Based Birth® makes the most thorough educational PDFs in the birth world! With your membership, you will have access to the entire library of our full-length printer-friendly PDFs, as well as all of the short versions. Without a membership, it costs $99 to purchase the entire bundle of PDFs. With a membership, you get them all for free!
- Professional Members also get:
- Early access (“sneak peeks”) to new Evidence Based Birth® articles before they are released to the public
- Member discussion and Q & A with Rebecca about each of the course topics!
Add the Evidence Based Birth® professional membership to your bio and resume.
As long as you are a member, you have the right to list “Evidence Based Birth® professional membership” on your resume, bio, and website. Also, after completing the flagship course (“How to help families get evidence based care”), you will receive a professional member badge for your website.
We offer group discounts for doula groups, midwifery practices, birth centers, and other organizations who want to purchase a membership in bulk or a practice-wide license. With a group membership, one person from the group is assigned to pay, but each member gets their own unique login and password.
Bulk memberships can be purchased at either a monthly or annual rate. The discount for a group is 20% for groups of 3 or more, and 25% for groups of 10 or more.
Colleges and universities can purchase bulk access to the membership for their students at the affordable rate of $30 per student, per semester. Optionally, professors can also require students purchase a semester membership, similar to how they may require a textbook in the syllabus.
If you are a professor and would like to learn more about student access, please contact us at email@example.com
- Scholarships for Students – We are glad to offer partial scholarships available for nursing, midwifery, and medical students/residents.
- Scholarships for Women of Color – As long as African American mothers and babies are dying at disparately high rates, I am committed to offering partial and full scholarships for birth professionals of color.
Please contact us to apply today: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Evidence Based Birth® professional membership is refundable by request within 48 hours of purchase. To request a refund and cancellation, please email email@example.com. After 48 hours, the terms of the purchased membership will stay in place for 12 months (if an annual membership was purchased) or for the remainder of the first month (if a monthly membership was purchased).
If You Sign Up For A Professional Membership Now, You’ll Get:
- All features and resources listed above
- Membership fee locked in at the current price, for the life of your membership
- Every new course, as we release them (No additional fees. CEUs are also always included!)
Nearly 500 birth professionals from around the world are Evidence Based Birth® members.
Evidence Based Birth® is a leader in the birth world for a reason. Everything we do is to fulfill our mission of getting evidence into the hands of communities, so that they can make informed decisions. Come be a part of the incredibly important and inspiring work we are doing!
Monthly and Annual subscriptions are available.
We are excited that you want to join the Evidence Based Birth® professional membership. Start your journey today!